Monday, June 20, 2011

Baking With Berries




It's summertime, and you know what that means?! No, not wedding season (okay yes, but more importantly),... it's berry season! Just so you know what you're in for, I LOVE BERRIES. Anytime I hear the word, my mouth starts to salivate and I have this instinctive desire to bake, bake, bake.

What you're likely to see coming up are a number of desserts that combine berries with accents of lemon. There's something about the sweetness of a berry that is perfectly complemented by the tangy/zesty zip of lemon, and this combination makes for the most perfect summery treat (and I can't get enough). Now that berries are ripe for the picking, my head has been swimming with berry-inspired dishes. I don't know about you, but I could really go for some homemade jam, pies, tarts, cheesecake (with berry topping of course), souffle, cobblers, crisps... yeah, I could keep going... Okay, and I know this isn't dessert, but there may be some sangria coming too...

So stock up (have you noticed yet that seasonal fruit is always on sale?!), and enjoy some berry goodness!

* Posts to follow:
Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
Raspberry-Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping

No comments:

Post a Comment