* 1/2 pound unsalted butter, room temp
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 cups flour
* Pinch salt
* 6 eggs, room temp
* 3 cups granulated sugar
* 1/2 - 1 tablespoon lemon zest, depending how zesty you like your treats (note: don't get any of the white part when zesting--it is very bitter!)
* 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 6-7 lemons, depending on size)
* 1 cup flour
* Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
* Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
* Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl, and add the butter/sugar mixture on low until just combined.
* Gather the dough into a ball.
* Press the dough into a greased 9" X 13" pan. Build the dough up up along the edges higher than the center of the pan, about 1/2 inch up the pan.
* Chill the dough for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
* Bake the crust for 15 minutes or so, until light golden brown.
* Let the crust cool completely on a wire rack.
* Whisk together the eggs and sugar. Then, mix in the rest of the ingredients until combined (don't over beat the eggs).
* Pour the mixture over the crust.
* Bake for 30-35 minutes.
* Let the lemon bars cool completely to room temperature before cutting and serving.
* Cut into triangles or squares, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and voila!
Recipe adapted from here.
~ Hope you enjoy these super fresh and tangy treats!