Crunchy, tangy, acidic, bacon-y... I promise, this will be one of the best green bean salads you've ever had! It's also a great way to add a green side to your meal that is healthful, but also slightly indulgent. Enjoy!!** GREEN BEAN & BACON SALAD **
Makes 4-6 side servings
* 1 lb. green beans, washed & trimmed
* 1/4 lb. bacon, cooked until crispy & crumbled when cools
* 1 shallot, chopped
* 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
* 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted (just warm on low in a saucepan for a couple minutes, watching carefully -- this will enhance the nutty flavor)
* 1 tablespoon Creole mustard (or any grainy mustard will work, I like the vinegar in the Creole mustard)
* 1 lemon, juiced
* 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
* Salt & pepper, to taste
* Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the green beans, and cook for 4 minutes (until al dente).
* Drain the beans, and transfer them to a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking immediately, so they stay perfectly cooked).
* Drain well, and then add the green beans to a large bowl.
* Add the next four ingredients to the large bowl.
* Combine the dressing ingredients by whisking them together or shaking in a dressing jar or mason jar.
* Pour the dressing over the green bean salad, gently stir, and serve!
* Crunch, crunch, nom nomm nomm...