Friday, April 6, 2012

Strawberry Prosecco Fizz

Before my birthday, I was searching for a Springtime beverage. I knew that I wanted to incorporate strawberries because they are so gorgeous right now (for evidence, see picture below). I finally arrived with this concoction featuring fresh strawberry juice, Prosecco, and ginger ale! I am pleased to report that it exceeded my expectations. This was the item that I definitely got the most compliments on, with people remarking that it was one of the best drinks they'd ever had! My guests also commented that it was nice because it wasn't too sweet, which was refreshing to hear, because I too dislike super-sweet mixed drinks.

I hope that you try this drink while strawberries are in season; I promise it is sure to please. It would be great for Easter brunch, or just about any lovely Spring day!




** STRAWBERRY PROSECCO FIZZ **

Ingredients
* 2 parts Prosecco
* 1 part ginger ale
* 1 part fresh strawberry juice (see recipe below)

For a party-sized serving, or about 16 servings (see amount in drink dispenser pictured above)
* 3 bottles Prosecco
* 1 2-liter bottle of ginger ale
* 1 pitcher fresh strawberry juice

Directions
* Chill your ingredients.
* Stir it all together, and you've got a crowd-pleasing Springtime beverage!
They make friends smile. :)

** FRESH STRAWBERRY JUICE **

Ingredients 
1 serving
* 10 strawberries, hulled
* 50-100 milliliters water
* 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
** Note: It isn't too sweet on it's own, so if you like a sweeter juice, try adding 1/2 teaspoon sugar.

A Pitcher-Full
* 60 strawberries
* 3 teaspoons lemon juice
* 300-600 milliliters water (I only used about 300 ml water -- I wanted it thick because I was mixing it with other drinks. For a more juice-like consistency on its own, use 600 ml water.)

Directions
* Blend the ingredients.
* Strain the juice.
* Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment