Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Fall Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
** FALL SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CHILI **
* 2 pounds chicken, either coursely ground or chopped into small pieces (you can usually find the ground kind in the store, but I like the texture of chopped)
* 3 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained & rinsed
* 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
* 2 (28-ounce) cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
* 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & shredded
* 1/4 cup instant tapioca
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (sounds strange, but really good!)
* 1 tablespoon salt
* Optional: after it's done cooking, stir in about 1/2 cup of lager-style beer (I thought this tasted really good, but made it a bit soupier)
* Topping Ideas: sour cream, shredded cheese, diced avocado, chopped jalapenos, scallions
* Add chicken to slow cooker. Stir in the chili powder, coating the chicken thoroughly.
* Add the rest of the ingredients, and stir together.
* Cook on low for about 8 hours.
* That's it!! Serve your chili with desired toppings, and EAT FRESH!
Recipe adapted from here.