Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"Friendsgiving" Highlights

One of my very favorite holidays is Thanksgiving! Okay, it's no Christmas, but it definitely shouldn't be overshadowed. It is an amazing ritual; historically rich, you get to eat an exorbitant amount of delicious comfort food, and it's a time to share with loved ones.

This year, I decided to host a "Friendsgiving" to share my food, and love, with some great friends. It's exactly like it sounds: Thanksgiving food, but with friends. On Sunday, I had 15 awesome people crammed into my apartment; I made the turkey, gravy, stuffing, Apple Cider Sangria, and Pumpkin Cheesecake. Then, my friends brought EVEN MORE food and drinks: Cornbread Dressing, Green Bean Casserole, Butternut Squash Risotto, Corn Pudding, Mashed Potatoes, more gravy, rolls, Cranberry Sauce, multiple bottles of wine, four kinds of beer... YEAH, it was a FEAST!! Not only did we stuff ourselves silly, but it was a great time to get in the holiday spirit and catch up with friends; there was much conversation, laughter, and football chatter. More than anything, it reminded me how thankful I am to have amazing people in my life (BY CHOICE! haha) that I can spend an extra holiday with! :)

Here's a few highlights from the meal (I totally forgot to take a pic of the sangria -- boo.). I'm going to try to post the recipes, but please let me know if there is any recipe in particular you would like to get your hands on! I was especially pleased with (and complimented on) my Roast Turkey and Pumpkin Cheesecake (w/ Bourbon Whipped Cream -- ohhh yeah).

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season! Many blessings to you, your family, and friends -- and of course, hope you EAT GREAT (fresh) FOOD!! :)
*First* Serving (after a few bites!)
Roast Turkey -- The brine was really great! Or so I'm told :)
Sourdough Sausage & Herb Stuffing (right)
Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ Graham Cracker Crust
Slice of Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ Bourbon Whipped Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment