Anyhow, let's just get to the meat of it... :)
** FLANK STEAK W/ CHIMICHURRI SAUCE **
* 1 flank steak (1 1/2 - 2 lbs.)
* 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/3 cup Sherry vinegar (substitution: red wine or white wine vinegar)
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
* 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
* 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
* 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
* 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
* 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
* 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (I like 1/2 or a little more, but I love heat!)
* In a food processor, place first 8 marinade ingredients. Pulse until combined. Stir in the salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Note: If you use a blender, you will want all the ingredients finer chopped first. Also, be careful of over-blending/pureeing; just pulse until combined!
* Set the steak on a pre-heated grill or pan. If using a pan, make sure it is on medium-high heat.
* For grilling: 6 minutes on first side, and then rotate 45 degrees, and cook another 5 minutes. Turn the steak over, and cook another 6 minutes (for medium rare).
* In a pan: About 7-8 minutes on the first side, and then about 5 on the second side (for medium rare).
** Remember: adjust more or less depending on how large the flank steak is, and the desired done-ness.
* Once done, allow the steak to rest for about 8 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Emeril.