A couple weekends ago, I had the opportunity to visit with two of my very best friends, my roommates from undergrad. They both live in San Antonio, and at least twice a year, we all make an effort for just the three of us to get together and catch up on what's been happening in our crazy lives. This time I drove out to San Antonio, and we spent one day in and around Fredericksburg, just shopping, and going to local farms and wineries. If you are looking for a relaxing weekend with some friends, or something different for the family, I would highly recommend going to that area! Something about the Hill Country always soothes my soul, and the three of us had a fantastic time eating good food, drinking wine, and doing lots of sharing (like us girls do).
Fredericksburg is known for its peaches, so of course, I stocked up, and was a peach-hound the next few days. Because they were so lovely on their own, I wanted to do something simple, just featuring the peach, and enhancing its natural flavors.
Enjoy some of my peachy pics, and hope you try my Simple Peach Salad!
|Homemade Peach Ice Cream - YUM!|
** SIMPLE PEACH SALAD **
* 4-8 peaches, sliced (depending whether they're a large or small variety)
* 1/2 cup sliced red onions
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
* 1 heaping tablespoon basil, chiffonade
* Whisk together balsamic and honey.
* Toss with red onions, and marinade for at least 30 minutes.
* Toss onion mixture with peaches and basil.
* And that's it; your simple salad is ready! (Note: If you're wanting a little more, this is really good served with mozzarella or goat cheese, and some table water crackers on the side.)