** SAUTEED CHICKEN W/ ROASTED BLUEBERRY-BASIL SALSA**
* 1 pound chicken breasts, seasoned with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and a pinch cayenne
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Roasted Blueberry-Basil Salsa
* 1 pint blueberries, with 1/2 cup blueberries chopped and set aside
* 2 jalapenos, finely chopped (remove seeds if want less heat - although I would recommend leaving them!)
* 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
* 1 lime, juiced
* 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, julienned (thinly sliced)
* 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
* Pinch black pepper
For Roasted Blueberry-Basil Salsa
* Preheat oven to 450 F.
* On a baking sheet, arrange whole blueberries in a single layer, and roast for about 10 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup chopped blueberries (to mix in later -- nice balance with the non-roasted berries as well).
* In a medium-sized bowl, combine ingredients.
Recipe adapted from The Saucy Gourmet.