Fall is nearing an end, and here you have my favorite breakfast for this time of year! It's healthy, hearty, and by far the most delicious oatmeal preparation out there (in my humble opinion). Read more on why I love baked oatmeal & another great recipe here. If you haven't tried it yet, I promise, you will never go stove top/microwave again. For those of you who have, you feel me, right??
** APPLE-PECAN BAKED PUMPKIN OATMEAL **
* 2 cups old fashioned oats
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup maple syrup (the real stuff)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
* 1 apple, diced
* Preheat oven to 350 F.
* Butter/grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
* In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (except the pecans and apples).
* And EAT FRESH!! I like to serve mine with a little milk (vanilla almond milk is perfect!) and a touch of brown sugar...