Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Menu Planning

There are many recipes I wanted to blog about post-Christmas feasting, but then I realized that might not be beneficial in anticipation of cooking/baking for Christmas and New Years. So, I have been scouring the internet, my favorite cookbooks, blogs, as well as searching for inspiration from family traditions, to provide a compilation of things that I plan on making or have made in the past (and others that I am cataloging for future years), so that y'all can see if these recipes interest you this Christmas!

Breakfast
* Red Velvet Pancakes
* Eggnog French Toast
* Lemon Cranberry Muffins
* Caramel Apple Sticky Buns
* Baked French Toast Casserole
I've made this before. SO good. I hope to make it some lazy day over the break, and if so, will post pics then!
* Cranberry Nutmeg Pancakes w/ Meyer Lemon Curd

Cheese Plate

* Camembert & Pears
* Baked Brie w/ Cranberry Sauce & Walnuts
* Baked Brie w/ Rosemary Honey & Toasted Almonds

Entrees
* Whisky & Coke Ham
You are looking at a tried and true Fiedler family tradition here. My Dad makes this ham every Thanksgiving and Christmas, and it is seriously the BEST.HAM.EVER. And yes, there is a bit of a theme here. The Fiedlers absolutely love cooking with (and drinking) whisky. The recipe above is where my Dad got the idea (thank you, Emeril). I know he has put a couple twists on it, but if you follow this recipe, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. After Christmas, I will try to remember to post some pics of my Dad's, and talk with him about any other suggestions he has for the recipe. But until then, please try it out for your own Christmas!! It will be one of the best presents you can give your family!
* Roasted Turkey
There are lots of great turkey recipes, but I included this one because it includes a good brine. In my humble opinion, brining is THE MOST important step to having a good turkey! Please don't overlook it! You should definitely read up on the process if you haven't done so in the past.
* Beef Bourguignon
I made this for a dinner party, and it's one of the best things I've ever cooked. I really wish I would've taken pictures and posted about it, because it is a complex recipe. However, if you want to impress, this is without a doubt the dish to make!!
* Roast Prime Rib
* Mushroom-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Sides
* Cranberry Sauce
* Green Bean Casserole
* Dijon Braised Brussels Sprouts
* Roasted Broccoli & Cherry Tomatoes
* Mashed Cauliflower & Cheese
Also made this at the dinner party, and everyone raved about it! Sorry I didn't take any pics of this either.

Desserts
* Rum Cake
* Guiness Gingerbread
* Chocolate Cherry Trifle
I'm in charge of dessert for Christmas day, and this is what I am making. Will get a post up as soon as I can afterward. Doesn't it look fantastic?!
* Peppermint Ice Cream
I reallyyy want an ice cream maker from Santa.
* White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Gift Box Ideas
* Decorated Sugar Cookies (cookie recipe and glaze; TB: 12/22)
* Peppermint Bark (very easy to make; TB: 12/22)
* Dark Chocolate Whoopie Pies w/ Toasted Almond Cream (first time making these; TB: 12/23)
* Red Velvet Cake Balls
* Sinner Bark (this, and next three are on my blog)
* Seven Layer Bars
* Gingerbread Cookies
* Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Bars
* Hot Chocolate Mix

Drinks/Cocktails
* Crock Pot Hot Cocoa
* Peppermint Mocha
* Cranberry-Pomegranate Margarita
* Cranberry-Ginger Fizz
* Pomegranate-Vanilla Sangria

Hope this helps. Wishing you, and your family, a very Merry Christmas feast!

P.S. If anyone has great holiday recipes, please please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment