Now, time to put those omelette skills to the test! This is a new favorite. Red pepper and goat cheese is such a classic combo, seen mostly in pastas and sandwiches. But trust me, it's time to give those flavors a try a la an herby, fluffy omelette stuffed with the creamy, tangy goat cheese, alongside the sweet & smokey roasted red peppers. Just stellar.
* 2 extra-large eggs
* 2 tbsp. milk
* 2 oz. roasted red pepper, sliced or chopped (you can buy them canned at any grocery store, or you can easily roast it yourself if you have time)
* 1-2 oz. goat cheese
* 1 tbsp. italian parsley, chopped (you can also use chives, chervil, tarragon, or a mixture thereof)
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* See the omelette how-to for preparing the eggs, but make sure to stir the chopped parsley into the egg mixture before cooking.
* Then, as soon as you flip over the omelette, take the pan of the heat, and add the goat cheese and red pepper. If you like a trifold, put it in the center. If you like the double fold (like me), then just put it on the side.
* Fold, plate, and eat up...
Recipe adapted from Ina.
Leftover goat cheese and red peppers?
* For a quick meal, toss them in some pasta with sauteed spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, and topped with fresh basil.
* For a snack, eat on a piece of toast or crackers!
* For lunch, put them in a sandwich with a sauteed portobello mushroom.