And the avocado beat goes on... Dig it...
**And don't forget -- the Summer Giveaway is going on now -- follow me or comment to enter**
** AVOCADO EGG SALAD **
Makes about 4 servings.
* 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
* 2 avocados, pitted & cubed
* 1/4 cup light mayo (substitution: 2 tablespoons mayo and 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt)
* 1/2 cup red onion, diced (about 1/2 small red onion)
* 2 celery stalks, diced
* 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
* 1 lemon, juiced
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (substitution: any vinegar you have on hand, or more lemon -- but the vinegar is highly recommended)
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (for a touch of heat)
* Salt & pepper, to taste
* Optional garnish: sprinkle of paprika
* Gently mash together the cubed avocado and chopped eggs.
* Mix the rest of the ingredients into the avocado-egg mixture.
* And it's THAT easy!!! Enjoy with crackers, on a piece of toast, over a bed of greens, or all by its lonesome... YUM!